[Michlib-l] Nominate a librarian for a 2015 I Love My Librarian Award!

Steven K. Bowers sbowers at wayne.edu
Mon Aug 24 14:58:37 EDT 2015

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View as a web page.<http://iz4.me/aXHg2zTMG1V1>

[ALA Membership]

[http://ala.informz.net/ala/data/images/ilml2015-hires-final.jpg]

Good afternoon,

Did you just wrap up another amazing summer reading season?  Perhaps you are in the midst of educating freshman about the tools at your academic library? Or maybe you are helping teachers supplement their classroom instruction with library resources? Then again, you might be doing something no one ever thought to do in a library before!

Whether you are a public, school or academic librarian, the work you do every day has the power to transform the lives of the people in your community, and you deserve to be recognized for your accomplishments.

This year, The New York Public Library is joining Carnegie Corporation of New York, The New York Times and ALA in asking members of the public to nominate their librarian for a 2015 I Love My Librarian Award<http://iz4.me/bXHg2zTMG1V1>.

While we might not all feel comfortable with self-promotion, we encourage you to get the word out about this wonderful award. ALA has developed promotional tools for every comfort level to help you get the message out about the I Love My Librarian Award.

So shout it from the rooftops, coordinate a Twitter campaign or simply post a flyer to your bulletin board.  Encourage your library lovers to nominate a member of your library family!

Best,

Megan McFarlane

Key information:

10 librarians will receive a $5,000 cash award, a plaque and a travel stipend to attend the awards ceremony and reception in New York City, hosted by Carnegie Corporation of New York.

Nominations open through September 28, providing additional time for school and academic librarians whose institutions will just be getting back in session.

Visit I Love Libraries website to nominate a librarian.<http://iz4.me/dXHg2zTMG1V1>

Nominate a Public Librarian<http://iz4.me/fXHg2zTMG1V1>

Nominate a School Librarian<http://iz4.me/gXHg2zTMG1V1>

Nominate a College, Community College, or University Librarian<http://iz4.me/jXHg2zTMG1V1>

Resubmit a nomination from a previous year<http://iz4.me/kXHg2zTMG1V1>

Promotional tools:

Promotional tools<http://iz4.me/nXHg2zTMG1V1>, including a web badge, logos, images, postcards, flyers, sample tweets, and a sample press release can be found on the I Love Libraries website.

Follow the hashtag #ilovemylibrarian to retweet or share if these promotions are of interest to your audiences.

Sample tweets:

Nominate a #librarian from [NAME OF CITY, STATE, OR LIBRARY] for the #ILoveMyLibrarian Award! http://bit.ly/ILoveMyLibrarian<http://iz4.me/oXHg2zTMG1V1>

Who do you love? Nominate one of our #librarians for the #ILoveMyLibrarian Award! http://bit.ly/ILoveMyLibrarian<http://iz4.me/oXHg2zTMG1V1>

Who do you <3? Nominate your #librarian for the #ILoveMyLibrarian Award! http://bit.ly/ILoveMyLibrarian<http://iz4.me/oXHg2zTMG1V1>