[Michlib-l] Fwd: Gale Training Webinars (Business Collection, Research In Context)

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Mon Aug 17 11:16:48 EDT 2015

Please see below for registration information from Steve Hicks at GaleCengage.  The InfoTrac Business Collection is a revamp of existing Gale Business eResources specifically General BusinessFile ASAP as well as new content and Research in Context is new to MeL and appropriate for tweens/teens who need credible resources for their school projects, reports, etc.!

We we be scheduling going forward Michigan specific webinar training but what you'll see below is a great way to acquaint yourself with these useful eResources!

Kind regards,
Deb

Deb Biggs Thomas
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan
---------------------------
517-373-4466
biggsd at michigan.gov<mailto:biggsd at michigan.gov>
http://mel.org    http://facebook.com/mel.org

Hi Deb and Eunice,
I hope you're drying out over there! I saw some of the images around Lansing yesterday and I couldn't believe it.
I wanted to send several webinar training dates for Business Collection and Research In Context that I pulled from our training calendar...  http://solutions.cengage.com/gale-training/webinars/

These webinars are open to all states/all libraries, so they won't be MeL specific webinars, but they are great training opportunities for anyone that wants to attend.
Of course we'll also continue to schedule Dinah for the MeL webinars on these topics as well throughout the fall.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!
InfoTrac Business Collection
Library users who count on your library to support their business interests look for relevant, reliable content that's accessible and easy to use.  On August 7, PROMT, European Business ASAP, Business Index ASAP, Business & Company ASAP, General Business File, and Business International & Company Profiles were automatically upgraded and replaced with InfoTrac Business Collection, a comprehensive, innovative new resource that incorporates their content.  With nearly 4,000 leading business and trade publications, this resource provides the coverage and depth your business information consumers need most. And it delivers this information on the newly reimagined InfoTrac platform.  Learn about this exciting new product at one of the upcoming Gale webinars.

Friday, August 21, 2015 | 1:00pm - 2:00pm ET
Register for Business Collection Training<https://cengage.webex.com/cengage/onstage/g.php?MTID=eb6edc1133e2fae267a520c449e3d2438>

Research In Context

Research in Context is a NEW product (May 2015), created specifically for middle school researchers, bringing together authoritative content in a variety of formats on one modern, student-friendly, and mobile-responsive interface. The Research In Context user experience is designed to support the developing information and digital literacy skills of the average middle school student.  Register for one of the webinars below to learn more about Research In Context.

Thursday, August 13th 2015 10:00am - 11:00am ET
Register for Research In Context Training<https://cengage.webex.com/cengage/onstage/g.php?MTID=e76b05a672164613435b1ae2a91105950>

Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 12:00pm - 1:00pm ET
Register for Research In Context Training<https://cengage.webex.com/cengage/onstage/g.php?MTID=e1867d9a54270c18fbfcfcc29e881500b>

Monday, August 24th, 2015 3:00pm - 4:00pm ET
Register for Research In Context Training<https://cengage.webex.com/cengage/onstage/g.php?MTID=ede1e92d0f995ea9a7392bfada21d11a4>

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Steve Hicks
Consortia & Major Accounts Service Manager
Gale | Cengage Learning
27500 Drake Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48331-3535

(o) 800-877-4253 ext. 8808 | (f) 800-990-4253 | (e) steve.hicks at cengage.com<mailto:steve.hicks at cengage.com>| www.gale.cengage.com<http://www.gale.cengage.com/>