[Michlib-l] Ypsilanti District Library Announces New Director

Paula Drummond Drummond at ypsilibrary.org
Thu Aug 13 17:52:10 EDT 2015

Ypsilanti District Library Announces New Director
Superior Township Resident Selected
The Board of Trustees of the Ypsilanti District Library (YDL) is pleased to announce the selection of Lisa Hoenig as the next Director of the Library. Hoenig will fill the position soon to be vacated by Jill Morey, who will retire after 15 years of service at YDL's helm. Hoenig will assume her new duties in Ypsilanti on September 8, 2015.
Hoenig comes to the Ypsilanti District Library from the Redford Township District Library (Redford, MI) where she has served as Director since 2011. Prior to that, she was Director of the Wixom Public Library (Wixom, MI) for 6 years. Hoenig's accomplishments at Redford include increasing the library's visibility in the community through creative marketing and new partnerships, strategic fundraising which produced $16,000 to open a much needed laptop lab, and successfully passing a supplemental library millage which allowed the library to restore hours and maintain services.
"We were impressed with Lisa's experience, having already served as Director of a Class VI library, as well as her track record of successfully managing a library's finances and engaging the public," said Suzanne Gray, President of the YDL Board of Trustees.
Hoenig also brings a local perspective to the role as a 20-year resident of Superior Township, located within the Ypsilanti District Library's legal service boundaries. During her interview and public presentation, she affirmed her interest in becoming more enmeshed in the local community. "Throughout my career, I have always been passionately involved in my adopted work community." Hoenig said. "It is my great honor and delight to bring this commitment home."
The Ypsilanti District Library serves a population of 83,000 people in Ypsilanti, Ypsilanti Township, and Superior Township. 79% of those residents hold a library card, and many take advantage of the library's collection and over 2,600 free programs annually.

Paula C. Drummond
Head, Adult Services Department
Ypsilanti District Library
5577 Whittaker Road