[Michlib-l] Free books from the Library of Michigan

Stair Library stairlibrary at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:24:31 EDT 2015

I agree with Natalie. I did this a couple or so years ago and there were
lots of good ones...many that were from the Michigan Notable Book program.
Colleen

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 8:35 AM, natalie bazan <hopkinslibrary at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I just returned from visiting the Library of Michigan and taking advantage
> of the book give away for both Hopkins and Dorr.  Although I took 6 bags of
> books, there are many many more!  If your able to drive over there, it is
> well worth your time.
>
> P.S. Thank you Bernadette and Susan for the help and for getting this set
> up!
>
> Natalie Bazan MA, MLIS
> Library Director
> Hopkins District Library                       Dorr Township Library
> 118 E. Main St.                                     1804 Sunset Dr
> Hopkins, MI 49328                              Dorr, MI 49323
> 269-793-7516                                      616-681-9678
> http://hopkins.llcoop.org
> http://dorrlibrary.michlibrary.org
> http://sharing.michlibrary.org
>

> ------------------------------
> From: BartlettB at michigan.gov
> To: michlib-l at mail2.mcls.org
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 00:04:21 +0000
> CC: winnickia at michigan.gov; govdoc-m at umich.edu; michdoc at mcls.org
> Subject: [Michlib-l] Free books from the Library of Michigan
>

> Hello – the Library of Michigan has free materials we are offering to the
> library community.  Please see the information below and the attached
> spreadsheets to take advantage of this opportunity.  Feel free to forward
> this message to other library groups or listservs within Michigan.
>

> *Content and condition*
>
> These materials contain new and used works of fiction and non-fiction as
> well as some legal texts and state government documents.  Most have
> Michigan content, but there is a variety.  Some materials are duplicate
> copies received from state government agencies and other libraries, or
> withdrawn from our own collections, but the bulk are extra copies of books
> submitted to the Michigan Notable Books program over the last several
> years.  These materials are both hard and softcover, generally in good or
> like-new condition, but older materials will show wear.   Items from the 19
> th century may need rebinding or repair, but contents are complete.
>

> *How to request*
>
> The material is available by request (email) as well as available for
> browsing here at LM.  You are welcome (*strongly encouraged!*) to
> schedule a time to select and claim materials on-site from 8am-5pm,
> Mon.-Fri. Email bartlettb at michigan.gov if you want to schedule a visit.
>

> Email requests for delivery of specific titles are handled on a first-come
> basis by date and time and some or all of the materials you request may no
> longer be available at the point we receive your email.  Only requests for
> which we can supply NO materials will receive an email response.
>

> *Shipping *
>
> The Library of Michigan has limited funding for shipping.  We will ship
> free for materials costing up to $20.00 per institution until/unless the
> [...]

Colleen Leddy, Director
Stair Public Library
228 W. Main St.
Morenci, MI 49256
517.458.6510

Monday and Wednesday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 1 to 5 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.