[Michlib-l] Law Poster Vendor Recommendations and Complaint

Kate Pohjola Andrade kate.pohjolaandrade at monroe.lib.mi.us
Fri Aug 7 12:21:02 EDT 2015

You can obtain all of the required posters for free - some of the state &
federal agencies will send them upon request, or you can print them at your
library. You just have to stay vigilant that you have the most current
version(s) in the event there's a change.

Details can be found here:
http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-11407-174563--,00.html and here:
http://www.dol.gov/oasam/boc/osdbu/sbrefa/poster/matrix.htm

There's a link to the list of required posters toward the bottom of the
page from Michigan.gov.

kate

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Shauna Swantek <
putnamlibrary.director at yahoo.com> wrote:

> After a stressful week of bullying here at Putnam District Library, I
> filed this complaint moments ago.
>
> Anyone have a vendor the recommend and trust that you purchase your labor
> law posters from?
>
> Thanks, in advance.
>
> *Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.*
> Your complaint has been assigned case # 89064673.
> Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to :
> sswantek at putnamlib.org
> Please print a copy of this for your records.
>
> Filed on : August 7 2015
>
> Filed by :
>

> *Shauna Swantek237 N Main Street Nashville MI 49073*
>
> Filed against :
>

> *Personnel Concepts Limited *
>
> *Complaint Description:*
> This company's sales tactics are beyond aggressive. They have wasted hours
> of staff time by repeatedly calling and bullying staff members. We have
> purchased our Labor Law posters from this company at various times in the
> past. They have not been our only supplier but we have used their product
> to save money by switching companies periodically. We will NEVER do
> business with them again. They have repeatedly called our business over the
> last month. Their verbiage is alarming and threatening ... making front
> line staff feel panicked and concerned. They have tried to get staff to
> make purchases they aren't authorized to do based on fear tactics. They
> refuse to take NO for an answer. I told them I receive their emails and
> will contact them if I need anything, but that did not help. Today, they
> harassed the Assistant Director for 15 minutes and then demanded my
> personal phone number saying our account was "flagged". When I arrived, I
> spoke with the salesperson and demanded to be removed from their contact
> list stating that we will not do business with them again and not to
> contact us further.
>
> *Your Desired Resolution:*
> I want to be removed from their contact list in every way possible... I do
> not want them to contact us further.
>
> *Shauna Lea Swantek, Director*
>
> *Putnam District Library*
> *Honoring the Past, Serving Today, Preparing For Tomorrow*
> www.putnamlib.org
>
> 327 North Main Street
> PO Box 920
> Nashville, MI 49073-9578
> Phone & Fax: (517)852-9723

Kate Pohjola Andrade, Director
Woodlands Library Cooperative
415 S. Superior Street, Suite A
Albion, MI 49224
517-629-9469 - office / 586-801-0725 - cell/text
http://woodlands.lib.mi.us