[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Collection Development Herrick District Library

Kelli Perkins kperkins at herrickdl.org
Wed Apr 29 17:02:05 EDT 2015

Herrick District Library in Holland Michigan has an opening for a part-time children's and teen collection development librarian.

HERRICK DISTRICT LIBRARY

Librarian I - Collection Development Librarian Part Time

Starting Wage: $21.68 per hour

Herrick District Library has an opening for a Librarian I in the Collection and Digital Resources Department. Qualifications include a Masters Degree in Library Science or Information from an ALA accredited school and Professional librarian experience or demonstrated ability.

Duties include:

Selecting kids and teen materials in support of the library needs.

Anticipating the community's needs and demand for materials

Responding to patron requests for material

Maintaining collection with acquisitions, evaluating use and eliminating dated materials

Creating a marketing and collection arrangement plan that engages patrons and makes materials easy to find

Monitoring publishing trends and format and incorporating an awareness of industry trends, best practices and community needs in selection

Hours - 20 hours per week.

Job bids received by the Library Director through May 8, 2015 will receive early consideration; however bids and applications will be considered until the position is filled.

Interested applicants should submit resume and application to:

jobs at herrickdl.org or mail to:

Library Director

300 S. River Ave

Holland, MI 49423