[Michlib-l] Help Me Find a Book!

Kathryn Bergeron kathryn.bergeron at baldwinlib.org
Thu Apr 23 16:16:42 EDT 2015

Dear Collective Brain -

I have a patron that is looking for the title of a book that she got
through MeL last November and loved. We've run a few titles by her, but
none of them have hit the mark. I was hoping that maybe someone else had
read it or knew of it.

   - Realistic fiction/literary fiction
   - Narrator is an elderly woman, living in California, who must return to
   a place from her past (possibly on the East Cost). She isn't happy about
   it. Then the book is a flashback to the events of that place from the 1950s
   or 1960s.
   - About families who are neighbors
   - Focus is on the mothers and children of each family.
   - The mothers of the families have an affair with each other.
   - It takes place near the beach/shore/water/ocean/sea, and some related
   word is in the title of the book.
   - It is written by a female author

Books that we have tried (but failed) with are:

   - *The Paying Guests* by Sarah Waters
   - *My Real Children* by Jo Walton
   - *Snapshots* by William Norris
   - *The Beach House* by Georgia Bockover
   - *Sea Escape* by Lynne Reeves Griffin
   - *The Lake House* by Marci Nault

- Kathryn "Utterly Stubborn in Finding Books" Bergeron
Kathryn Bergeron, MSI
Associate Director
Baldwin Public Library
300 West Merrill Street