[Michlib-l] Sandra Novacek and Border Crossings

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Tue Sep 30 20:43:16 EDT 2014

Sandy Novacek (formerly Scherba and a Cromaine Library Director) was the
feature of a two-part fundraiser for our Friends in May. She was absolutely
wonderful! Not only is the book "Border Crossings" a compelling story of a
child warrior (even in WWII we had them) the story of how the book came to
be is an incredible inspirational journey itself. On top of speaking at a
brunch and speaking at an evening Czech fest (complete with Bayanina
performing eastern European music on accordion), Sandy also shared an
exhibit of Charles Novacek's paintings--just a few of the 400 Sandy has,
but an amazingly varied collection chosen for our exhibit space. In
addition to all the time Sandy shared with us already, she is coming to our
Adult Fiction Book Club which is reading the nonfiction "Border Crossings."
(Thank you, Sandy!)

As you look at planning your upcoming programs, I strongly recommend you
consider Sandra Novacek.

Sandy's on this list--and at Grosse Pointe Library as well as at 1021 Press
and sn at charlesnovacekbooks.com.

ceci

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow