[Michlib-l] Larry Martin's WWII In Their Own Words

Smith, Donna smithdm at myjdl.com
Tue Sep 30 08:00:23 EDT 2014

Larry Martin returns on Saturday, October 4, at 10:00 am, to bring our nation's history to the present and foster an appreciation for the hardships endured by our veterans. The third part of this four-part series, hosted by Jackson District Library at the First United Methodist Church (275 W. Michigan Avenue), features Lazar Selektor, a Russian lieutenant who fought at the 900 day siege of Leningrad. He will talk about Joseph Stalin's political purges of 1937 when most of the senior officers were either killed or sent to Siberian work camps.  Lazar will be present at the program to answer any questions about the horrible siege of Leningrad. Martin will also have a collection of World War II memorabilia on display. This presentation is free and open to the public. Martin can be reached at batt.chief at yahoo.com<mailto:batt.chief at yahoo.com> and more information can be found on his website: LMWW2.com.

Mark your calendars for November 1 at the same time and location to hear personal experiences from Jim Lewis, US Navy submariner who was stationed in the Pacific Theater of Operations.

Over a 9 year period, Martin's presentations have attracted approximately 6,000 people who have witnessed the very personal and emotional stories that he has been so passionate about bringing forth.

Donna

Donna Smith
Marketing Officer

[JDL Logo CMYK 300dpi small no shadow]

244 W. Michigan Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201
517-788-4099, ext. 1314
Fax: 517-788-6024
www.myjdl.com<http://www.myjdl.com/>

Inspiring our community to discover, learn and succeed!