[Michlib-l] Minecraft...

Alisha Daugherty alimcc87 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:30:26 EDT 2014

This is probably slightly different then what you were asking for, but we
did a "Minecraft In Real Life" party here last week and the kids LOVED it.
It was also a ton of fun to plan.

- We made papercraft versions of Steve, a Creeper, a ghast etc.
- We did a scavenger hunt in the library where the kids had to "craft" a
candy bar by looking for specific materials in the library.  I got the idea
here: http://fatgirlreading.com/minecraft-irl-your-library/    I tweaked it
a little bit, but this was probably the most popular thing we did.  The
kids went nuts for it.
- We made perler bead versions of minecraft characters (those weird plastic
melty beads).  There are tons of patterns for them online.
-We watched a few youtube videos (minecraft music video parodies) and they
all had their favorites they wanted to watch on a big screen.

The kids had a ton of fun creating and a lot of them asked if we could do
it again soon.

Hope it helps!

Alisha Daugherty
Willard Library