[Michlib-l] YA literary conference

Cathy Chesher CChesher at adrianmi.gov
Thu Sep 11 17:27:07 EDT 2014

Hello librarians, teachers and other lovers of teen literature,

We are excited to announce ConTrollYA, our upcoming Teen author conference at the Adrian Public Library on Sat. Oct. 18 from 10:30 - 3.

Eight authors are featured:

Leah Clifford
K.A. Barson
Bethany Neal
Eric Priuska
Aimee Carter
Courtney Allison Moulton
Scott Tracey
Kate Bassett.

Below is the press release. I have also attached our promotional poster. I have bookmarks available if you would like those too.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope you can help me spread the word about this exciting event in Southeastern Michigan for teens and adult fans of teen lit.

Teachers: I would be happy to help facilitate extra credit for your students if they wish to attend.

Thank you

Cathy Chesher
Youth Services Librarian
Adrian Public Library
143 E. Maumee St.
Adrian, MI 49221
517-265-2265
cchesher at adrianmi.gov<mailto:cchesher at adrianmi.gov>

[logo.jpg]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

9/11/14
Contact:
Cathy Chesher, Youth Services Librarian
Adrian Public Library
265-2265
cchesher at ci.adrian.mi.us<mailto:cchesher at ci.adrian.mi.us>

October 12 marks the beginning of "Teen Read Week" and to celebrate, the Adrian Public Library will be hosting "ConTroll YA Literary Conference: Under the Bridge" featuring eight YA authors on Saturday, October 18.

The conference begins at 10:30 am with a panel discussion, "The Wonder Women of YA" featuring authors Eric Priuska, Kelly Barson, Bethany Neal and Kate Bassett. Authors Aimee Carter and Courtney Allison Moulton will conduct a writing workshop from 11:15am to 12:30 pm.  The afternoon panel, "Fantastic Fiction", begins at 1:30 and features authors Aimee Carter, Scott Tracey, Courtney Allison Moulton and Leah Clifford. The conference will conclude with a book signing and author meet and greet from 2:15 - 3:00.

Teens and adults are welcome to attend this free event and can come for the entire conference or just a portion of it. Door prizes will be awarded throughout the conference. A limited number of the authors' books will be available to purchase.

ConTrollYA conference provides a rare opportunity for teen readers to meet and talk with many of their favorite young adult authors in a more fun and intimate environment. ConTrollYA was developed and is hosted by Devyn Bice, co-founder of the New York City "Teen Author Carnival" along with Cathy Chesher, Youth Services Librarian.

Find ConTrollYA on Facebook, Twitter and on Tumblr at controllya.tumblr.com/ for more information about the conference and about each visiting author.

ConTroll YA is funded in part by a grant from the Lenawee Youth Council of the Lenawee Community Foundation.

The Adrian Public Library is located in downtown Adrian, Michigan at 143 E. Maumee St. Parking is available in the lot off of Toledo St. behind the library and on Maumee St. in front of the library. The library will open at 10:00 am on Saturday. For more information, contact the library at 517-265-2265 or  adrianpubliclibrary at adrianmi.gov<mailto:adrianpubliclibrary at adrianmi.gov> or contact Devyn at therealdevyn at gmail.com<mailto:therealdevyn at gmail.com>

[Lenawee Community Foundation]

####