[Michlib-l] Books Into Art Exhibit

Marika Zemke mzemke at commercelibrary.info
Thu Sep 4 09:51:49 EDT 2014

*Bookmark It! **Adaptation: Transforming Books Into Art at the BBAC
(Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center)*

Deconstruction of the written word showcased in the new BBAC exhibit
featuring leaders of this medium, September 19 through November 7, 2014.

*"Adaptation: Transforming Books into Art* showcases artists best known for
transforming discarded books headed for the dumpster into amazing
sculptural objects that honor and often transcend the meaning held within
the pages,” said curator Linda Ross. “Our goal is to present a broad
cross-section of the form and I believe viewers will be amazed to discover
the myriad ways these books are being re-purposed, re-worked and
re-imagined.”

*Opening reception Fri., Sept. 19, 6-8 pm. Free and open to the public. *For
more information, visit the BBAC at BBArtCenter.org, phone 248-644-0866 or
visit our Facebook page. The BBAC is located at 1516 S. Cranbrook Rd.,
Birmingham MI 48009 between 14 and 15 Mile Rds.

--
Marika Zemke - Adult Services Manager
Commerce Township Community Library
mzemke at commercelibrary.info