[Michlib-l] Are you getting your share of E-rate dollars?

Knox,Sheryl Cormicle knoxs at cadl.org
Wed Oct 22 14:42:05 EDT 2014

We do what we need to do to get our direct and indirect State Aid, right? And we lobby our legislators and stakeholders to maintain that funding stream.

We apply for grants for all kinds of programming and building projects.

We explain penal fines and TIFAs and Renaissance Zones to anyone who will listen. And many who don't.

What about E-rate? Your patrons are paying into it with every phone bill they pay. Are you getting it back for them?

At CADL, our E-rate disbursement is in the neighborhood of 60% of our direct and indirect State Aid. It's a nice chunk of change.

E-rate is like one of those coupons...you know the ones...40-90% OFF!! in 50 point font, then lots of fine print. Well, the fine print is changing. It could mean more for your library. Will I see you at one of the upcoming workshops? http://www.michigan.gov/erateforlibraries

Sheryl Cormicle Knox, Technology Director
Capital Area District Libraries - Administration
401 S. Capitol Avenue, Lansing, MI 48901-7919
517-367-6347 | knoxs at cadl.org<mailto:knoxs at cadl.org>
cadl.org<http://www.cadl.org/>