[Michlib-l] Breakfast & Program at Gale (Farmington Hills): Your Invitation!

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Tue Nov 25 00:06:47 EST 2014

Don't forget to register for the December 5th breakfast and program at Gale in Farmington Hills; please see details below!

Kind regards and Happy Thanksgiving!
Deb

Join Gale and the Library of Michigan for an inspirational event on library leadership!

Join us<https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=LIBR36E&OID=130> on December 5 from 8:30AM-10:30AM for breakfast and a speaker that will make you think differently about advocacy, leadership, and relationships.

Location
Gale, Cengage Learning
27500 Drake Rd.
Farmington Hills, MI 48331

Schedule
8:30 -9:00 Continental Breakfast
9:00-9:45 Speaker Presentation
9:45-10:00 What About Gale?
10:00-10:30 Questions and Raffle
By shifting our attitudes, we have the capacity to move mountains in our daily lives. Join Gale and the Library of Michigan<https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=LIBR36E&OID=130> as we welcome JP Porcaro - a candidate for the ALA 2016-17 presidency - as he talks about the power that "effective positivity" plays in all aspects of our work: library advocacy, leadership and management, building and maintaining relationships, and facilitating change.
JP Porcaro is Head Librarian for Acquisitions and Technological Discovery at the New Jersey City University Guarini Library. He was the organizer and founding president of the ALA Games & Gaming Round Table (GameRT) and the ALA Comic Book & Graphic Novel Member Interest group. JP also served as a founding member of the ALA Think Tank (social media's largest space for librarians), a member of the Advisory Board of the EveryLibrary political action committee and the Social Organizer for Urban Librarians Unite, and an administrator for the Librarian Wardrobe blog.
Click here to register and reserve your spot today!<https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=LIBR36E&OID=130>

 D. B. Thomas, MA AMLS
MeL & Library Outreach Coordinator
[LMSigforEmail]
Visit MeL at: http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> and on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/mel.org
The Library of Michigan is pleased to share a new video series highlighting Michigan libraries and how they are making a difference in their communities.  To experience Michigan libraries in a new light, visit http://brightside.cedam.info/ and watch the 21st Century Libraries episode.