[Michlib-l] Lexile level and reading counts

Diane Greiner crodg at llcoop.org
Fri Nov 14 15:59:40 EST 2014

Totally, agree Ann.  What really gets  me is when a teacher says a student can’t read a book because it is below their level.  Does that mean that book isn’t worth reading?  I think not!!!

My daughter is a very voracious reader and in early elementary she was getting turned off from reading because of all Accelerated Reader competitions (she isn’t a competitive person) and the reading requirements.  I believe all the requirements takes the fun out of reading and stifles a creative mind.

Let them read what they want and their reading level will grow on its own….

Diane Greiner, Director

Croton Township Library

231-652-1615

crodg at llcoop.org