[Michlib-l] Lexile level and reading counts

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Thu Nov 13 16:57:58 EST 2014

Hi Amy-you can use NoveList K-8+ in MeL to find books with Lexile scores.  You can do a regular Keyword/basic search and or you can do an Advanced search and indicate which lexile range.  Then, just check your own catalog or MeLCat for the book!  Also, BookFlix has both fiction and non-fiction for the younger kids; just click on the "Resources" link at the top of the BookFlix homepage to see the assigned lexile score per title.

Here's a link to some great vids. on how to use NoveList:  https://www.youtube.com/user/EBSCONoveList

Kind regards,
Deb
D. B. Thomas, MA AMLS
MeL & Library Outreach Coordinator
[LMSigforEmail]
Visit MeL at: http://mel.org<http://mel.org/> and on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/mel.org
The Library of Michigan is pleased to share a new video series highlighting Michigan libraries and how they are making a difference in their communities.  To experience Michigan libraries in a new light, visit http://brightside.cedam.info/ and watch the 21st Century Libraries episode.