[Michlib-l] Under the Radar at Cromaine! Absolutely fabulous!

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Thu Nov 6 16:02:36 EST 2014

Cromaine hosted the Under the Radar guys and it was fabulous. Tom Daldin
and Jim Edelman from UTR accomplished something that doesn't happen
often: they made us laugh over and over *and* reminded us how great
Michiganders are. UTR isn't about "the best of the best" it's about the
unique towns, festivals and travel opportunities there are in our state.
It really boils down to the people behind these destinations. The
coolest thing is that Tom and Jim are a Michigan success story
themselves. They both found themselves out of work during the recession.
They knew each other as fellow media professionals, so they put their
heads together and started pitching ideas to PBS. Their book sales were
brisk (we're hoping there can be a group discounted buy, maybe, for
public libraries in Michigan?). At least four of our guests (full-house)
said it was the best program they'd ever attended! Don't you want to
have them, too?
Especially wonderful on the heels of our ballot proposal loss (so many
heard the news for the first time at the program!), we highly recommend
having them educate, enrich, and entertain your community, too!

ceci marlow