[Michlib-l] Great Michigan author visit at Troy Public Library

Connie Doherty cldwins at wowway.com
Thu Nov 6 15:23:58 EST 2014

Hi All,

We have an exciting author visit coming up at the Troy Public Library. Please share with your patrons:

You are invited to join critically acclaimed and nationally bestselling Michigan author, poet, and U-M professor Laura Kasischke at the Troy Public Library on Saturday, November 15 from 1:00-2:30 p.m.

She has published eight books of poetry and ten novels, two of which have been made into feature films ( The Life Before Her Eyes and Suspicious River) . Eden Springs: A Novella was named a Michigan Notable book in 2011, and Space, In Chains won a National Book Critics Circle Award for poetry, also in 2011. Her most recent book, The Mind of Winter , was published in March of this year.

Laura will discuss her books and read selections of her poetry. This would be a great program for aspiring writers, especially those who are participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month ). I have attached a flyer for those who like to print them out. All are welcome, but those who would like to attend need to register at troypl.org/laurak or by calling 248.524.3542.

Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you!

Constance Doherty

Head, Adult Information Services

Troy Public Library

510 W. Big Beaver Rd.