[Michlib-l] Two events coming up at the Warren Civic Center in December

fabak at libcoop.net fabak at libcoop.net
Wed Nov 5 10:53:15 EST 2014

Hello,

We would like to tell you about two programs coming up at the Warren
Civic Center in December:

Thursday, December 11 at 6:00
Bob Morris is the author of Built in Detroit:  A Story of the UAW, a
Company, and a Gangster.  As the son of labor leader Ken Morris, Bob
grew up knowing many of the great labor leaders of our state.  In Built
in Detroit, Bob explores the beginning of the United Auto Workers, the
battles with the companies, the union’s internal struggles and the
company-instigated violence that followed.  With vivid description and
suspenseful storytelling, Bob covers the brutal attack against his
father and the assassination attempts against Walter Reuther and his
brother Victor.  Bob will join us for a presentation and book signing.

Thursday, December 18 at 6:00
For more than 30 years theater and speech educator Jim Glenn has made
presentations about William Shakespeare to schools, libraries, theaters,
private acting studios and senior groups.  Mr. Glenn’s lively and
informative talks set the Bard against a rich description of Elizabethan
times—surprising and delighting audiences with intriguing details of the
author’s life and work.

I am attaching our flyers for the events in case you would like to print
some for your patrons.  All are welcome!

If you have any questions or need additional information please let me
know.

Thank you.

Kathy Faba
Branch Librarian