[Michlib-l] Larry Martin's World War II In Their Own Words

Smith, Donna smithdm at myjdl.com
Fri May 30 08:48:47 EDT 2014

Larry Martin will make a debut at Jackson District Library's Spring Arbor Branch, 113 E. Main Street, on June 7 at 11:00 a.m. This program will feature a personal appearance by Spring Arbor resident Homer Jackson! Jackson piloted 15 combat missions over Japan during WWII, flying our largest most powerful bomber the B-29. Hear Homer tell of the time when a kamikaze attacked his plane but missed him since they were coming toward each other at over 400 miles per hour. Also find out what it is like to face "flak" and the deadly Japanese Zero fighter plane. Q&A session to follow the presentation.

This presentation is free to the public. Please call 517-750-2030 to reserve a seat as space is limited. If you have questions for Mr. Martin or would like to schedule a program at your library, he can be reached at batt.chief at yahoo.com<mailto:batt.chief at yahoo.com>. You may also contact him through his website at LMWW2.com.

Larry Martin will bring four more WWII Veteran appearances to the Jackson District Library beginning August 2. Watch this list for more information or visit www.myjdl.com<http://www.myjdl.com>.

Donna

Donna Smith
Marketing Officer

[JDL Logo CMYK 300dpi small no shadow]

244 W. Michigan Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201
517-788-4099, ext. 1314
Fax: 517-788-6024
www.myjdl.com<http://www.myjdl.com/>

Inspiring our community to discover, learn and succeed!