[Michlib-l] Michigan legislation about library boards

Robert P. Holley aa3805 at wayne.edu
Fri May 23 13:09:27 EDT 2014

Since my local state senator included the following in his weekly report, I'm curious about what the changes will be.

Making Changes to Library Act Regarding Library Board Elections
SB 546
Senate Bill 546 would amend Public Act 164 of 1877, which governs city, village, and township libraries, to revise provisions regarding library governing boards.
Next: Returned to the Michigan Senate, where the bill was given immediate effect and ordered enrolled. It was presented to Governor Snyder on May 22, 2014, and awaits his signature into law.

My apologies if I missed any earlier report on this legislation.

Thanks.

Bob

Robert P. Holley
Professor, School of Library & Information Science
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202
aa3805 at wayne.edu
248-547-0306 (phone)