[Michlib-l] GED audiobook for non-reader?

Wambaugh, Stephanie (LARA) WambaughS at michigan.gov
Fri May 23 10:25:04 EDT 2014

Lisa, do you know if your patron has a reading or learning disability of some sort? If so, there may be a few options.

I know Learning Ally has audio books to help study for the GED. There is a fee for this service and I believe proof of a learning disability is needed in order to sign up but I don’t know the specifics of this. https://www.learningally.org

Also, the Braille and Talking Book Library could potentially be a resource. We do serve patrons with reading disabilities, but it does have to be certified by a doctor in order to get the patron signed up. If he qualifies the service is completely free. I don’t believe we have GED books in our collection but we can usually get books from Learning Ally for free for our patrons. http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-61256_28313_54234---,00.html

Bookshare may also be an option. Again I think there is a fee, but I don’t think there are any restrictions. I am not sure if they have GED materials. https://www.bookshare.org/

Hope this helps,

Stephanie Wambaugh, Reader Advisor
BSBP Braille & Talking Book Library