[Michlib-l] Michigan Activity Pass: You Can Help Recruit!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue May 20 09:04:41 EDT 2014

All,

The second year of the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) program begins this Saturday, May 24, 2014 at http://michiganactivitypass.info
As of today we have 106 participating venues. 53 of these are renewals from this year's 62 participants, while 53 are new partners to MAP. Of the nine current partners that are not (yet) included in MAP Year 2, none of them has contacted me to say they are NOT interested. Rather, they haven't responded to my inquiries. How can you help bring these "lost" partners back to the MAP fold? Well, if your library is located in or near the community of any of these nine venues, and particularly if you have an "in" with any of them, please feel free to reach out to them on behalf of MAP! We are looking for help with:

http://www.troyhistoricvillage.org/
http://www.scarabclub.org/
http://www.thecarrcenter.org/
https://www.historicprisontours.com/
http://www.midwestminiaturesmuseum.com/
http://www.maryscityofdavid.org/
http://www.wexfordcountyhistory.org/
http://www.baymillsbrimleyhistory.org/
http://www.skihall.com/

What if, after you've reached out to these partners and sold them on the many benefits MAP provides to their institution in terms of increased exposure and the like, they decide to re-join, but the May 24, 2014 go-live date for MAP Year 2 has already passed? No problem. We can add new partner venues at any time, as TLN has admin privileges at all levels of the MAP software. Bring 'em on! And the same goes for any other potential partner in or near your community you feel would be a good "fit" for MAP. Yesterday, IMLS released a report showing the number of museums by state http://www.imls.gov/assets/1/AssetManager/MUDF_StateDist_2014q3.pdf Michigan has approximately 1,100 museums. So, we have approximately 10% of these as MAP partners. Pretty good, but that means there are 1,000 others out there!

Thanks for your (recruiting) help with the MAP.

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager
The Library Network