[Michlib-l] Internet permission forms

Debby Stassek dstassek at vbdl.org
Thu May 15 10:56:32 EDT 2014

Hello all,

We are reviewing our current Internet policy and are wondering how many
libraries still require parents/guardians to sign a permission slip
before their children (under 18?) are permitted on the Internet.  If so,
what is the thinking for continuing the practice? Or, have you made
changes recently?

We do lightly filter our computers, but all of our seven buildings are
relatively small and we do not have the luxury of having separate
computers for children or teens (with different filtering levels).  We
do state in our policy that parents are responsible for determining what
is appropriate for their own children.

Grateful for any thoughts or information.  Thank you,   Debby

--

Debby J.Stassek
Assistant Director -- dstassek at vbdl.org
Van Buren District Library, 200 N. Phelps Street, Decatur, MI 49045

voice (269) 423-4771   *    fax (269) 423-8373   *   http://vbdl.org