[Michlib-l] Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) Year 2 Press Release and FAQ's

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Mar 25 15:00:17 EDT 2014

All,

In preparation for the launch of MAP Year 2 on May 24, 2014 TLN has created a press release that we encourage you to share with your local media outlets (newspapers, radio, television) as well as with other potential cultural partners. The press release is available by clicking this link:

MAP Press Release: http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/Files/MAP%20Press%20Release%202014.pdf

We have already received some good press coverage for the MAP program. The Detroit Free Press

http://www.freep.com/article/20140316/NEWS05/303160064/Michigan-Activity-pass-program as well as the Lansing State Journal

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014303150044&nclick_check=1 and the Port Huron Times-Herald

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20140320/NEWS01/303200018/Check-out-adventure-library?nclick_check=1 have all gotten on board with MAP. We are hoping that, with your help, media outlets in other markets all across Michigan will do so, too.

We've gotten a fair number of MAP-related questions during the past couple of weeks. Here are some answers to the most common questions:

1. How does my library sign up for the MAP program? If you are a public library in Michigan, then you are already signed up for MAP! I have done my best to include every building and every branch of every Michigan public library (about 650 in total). I hope I haven't missed anybody. In the event I have you can help out in this regard, as per point 2 below.

2. What is the url for the Michigan Activity Pass program? www.michiganactivitypass.info This is the link to post to your homepage. Please search for your library name in the My Library Name field at the website. If you don't find it, or if you find it but would like to have the name of your library listed in a different way, please let me know.

3. What is the cost to my library to participate in the Michigan Activity Pass program? There is no cost! MAP is supported in part by the Library of Michigan with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. The Library Network (TLN) also provides support of and funding for the MAP program.

4. Why am I not seeing the new cultural partners when I do a search on the MAP website? The new venues, including the Michigan Science Center, the Gilmore Car Museum and many others, will be added to the MAP website on May 24, 2014. But, don't forget that there are 62 cultural partners participating in the MAP program right now!

5. What should I do if I don't find my library when I do a search at the MAP website, per point number 2 above? Contact Jim Flury

6. What should I do if the search result for a cultural venue indicates "No passes available?" Contact Jim Flury

7. Whom should I contact if I or my patrons (or media outlets) have questions about the MAP program that I'm not sure how to answer?
My contact information is listed below, as well as on the press release. My TLN colleague Brigette Felix can also answer any and all MAP related questions. Brigette's email is bfelix at tln.lib.mi.us

We are in the process of making some upgrades and changes to the MAP website in advance of Year 2 go-live on May 24. Pursuant to that if you encounter any weirdness at all in the MAP website, please contact me.

In the coming weeks we will be updating our MAP promotional material (bookmarks, postes, brochure) for 2014. We will be sure to share that material with you as soon as it is ready.

Thank you for your support of the Michigan Activity Pass program. Let's make Year 2 of MAP an even bigger success!

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager