[Michlib-l] Leather Bible

tandcfirestine at comcast.net tandcfirestine at comcast.net
Sun Jun 8 23:08:07 EDT 2014

Cathy,

I recently was in the same situation as you.  I first took our bible to the conservation lab at the Bentley Historical Library at U of M, but they can no longer do private commissions, so they referred me to the Bessenberg Bindery in Dexter.  They specialize in restoring old books including bible repair.  I’ve seen some of their work and it is excellent!  Here’s their website:

http://www.bessenberg.com/bible-repair.html

Good luck!

Connie Firestine