[Michlib-l] self-published donations and sales requests

Marsh, Nyama N.Marsh at wfblibrary.org
Thu Jun 5 12:58:31 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

As self-publishing becomes more prominent, how do you handle requests to donate or purchase items, particularly from local residents? Does anyone have a policy they would be willing to share? What I have encountered are vastly different levels of quality and it is difficult to say to a local author that their item isn't of good enough "quality" for us to add it.

I am looking to add something to both our donation and collection development policies.

Thanks for your input.

Have a wonderful day,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Marsh
Library Director
n.marsh at wfblibrary.org<mailto:n.marsh at wfblibrary.org>
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)
414-964-5733 (fax)
"There are many ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." ~Jacqueline Kennedy
"Leaders don't force people to follow - they invite them on a journey." ~ Charles Lauer