[Michlib-l] WORKSHOP: Digitizing Collections: Basic - August 8

HSM Web hsmweb at hsmichigan.org
Wed Jul 30 11:41:45 EDT 2014

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, August 8

Digitizing Collections: Basic

With Portia Vescio, Michigan State University Archives

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

Digitization projects can seem overwhelming to small and/or volunteer-run
history sites. The speaker will discuss technology and best practices
associated with digitizing paper and photograph collections. A step-by-step
approach for organizations with limited resources will be presented. This
workshop is meant for organizations still in the planning stages of a
digitization project.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

Friday, August 22

Digitizing Collections: Advanced

Friday, September 5

Exploring Your Family History for Beginners

Friday, September 12

Basic Archives

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.