[Michlib-l] Job Position: Technical Services Librarian
beth.gourley at interlochen.org
Fri Jul 25 16:06:58 EDT 2014
Join a great team in a wonderful setting.
Interlochen Center for the Arts is the recipient of the National Medal of
Arts and the only organization in the world that brings together: a
2,500-student summer camp program; a 500-student fine arts boarding high
school; opportunities for hundreds of adults to engage in fulfilling
artistic and creative programs; two 24-hour listener-supported public radio
stations (classical music and news); more than 600 arts presentations
annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists; a global
alumni base spanning eight decades, including leaders in arts and all other
endeavors. For information, visit Interlochen online atwww.interlochen.org.
*Interlochen Center for the Arts MISSION…*
To engage and inspire people worldwide through excellence in educational,
artistic and cultural programs, enhancing the quality of life through the
universal language of the arts.
*THE CORE PURPOSE*…
To ignite lifelong passion for the arts
*THE CORE VALUES*…
Nurturing, Inspiring, Transforming, Enlightening and Enduring
Interlochen Center for the Arts includes:
*Interlochen Arts Academy*
Interlochen Arts Academy, a fine arts boarding high school, offers the
highest quality artistic training combined with comprehensive
college-preparatory academics. The Academy also offers post-graduate
*Interlochen Arts Camp*
Young artists from around the world gather at Interlochen each summer to
learn, create and perform alongside leading artists and instructors.
Programs are offered to students in grades three through twelve.
*Interlochen College of Creative Arts*
Adult artists thrive on opportunities to learn and express themselves
creatively. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in a variety of
*Interlochen Public Radio*
Classical Music: 88.7 FM, Interlochen; 88.5 FM, Mackinaw City; 94.7 FM,
Traverse City and 100.9 FM, East Jordan/Charlevoix
News Radio: 91.5 FM, Traverse City; 90.1 FM, Harbor Springs/Petoskey; 89.7
Streaming online at ipr.interlochen.org. Through two listener-supported
broadcast services, Interlochen Public Radio (IPR) connects northwest
Michigan with arts, news and culture on a global scale. IPR also gives
significant focus to local and regional news, information and artists.
Interlochen brings dozens of world-renowned artists to northwest Michigan,
enhancing the region’s position on the global arts map. Interlochen
presents more than 600 events each year by students, faculty and guest
artists, making Interlochen one of the nation’s largest arts presenters.
Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious
institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts is seeking to
hire a Technical Services Librarian. The ideal candidate will sharea vision
of the importance of technology in the delivery of modern library services
and will be able to effectively communicate and implement that vision and
related strategies. Within this position we are looking for an individual
with innovative and results-oriented skills.
The Seabury Academic Library serves the many arts and academic programs at
both Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of
The library staff
- builds meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- assists patrons in finding information.
- provides a collection and service that meets patron’s needs.
- creates a welcoming atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director and other
library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA
Major duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage, maintain, and trouble shoot the ILS (SIRSI-Dynix)
- Train the appropriate staff in using the up-dates of the ILS system
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports pertinent
to the library area
- Oversee cataloging and processing of materials
- Oversee matters dealing with circulation
- Manage Interlibrary Services, Michigan e-library electronic resource
management, online collections, and digital services projects
- Recommend and provide support implementing new and emerging
technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with
faculty, staff and students
- Process orders for supplies and materials when needed
- Participate in school-wide committee work when applicable
- Aid in maintaining the library’s website
- Provide a high level of reference and technical support to our users
- Supervise high school community service students
- Support the teaching of Information Literacy classes and Intermester
courses as needed
- Collaborate with other library staff on the selection of materials for
- Collaborate with library staff on special projects dealing with
outreach, programming and initiatives
- Must possess an ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a variety of library
- Experience working in a library
- Proficient in using and teaching library databases.
- Trained cataloger with knowledge of OCLC: skilled in using OCLC,
knowledge of MARC and RDA, assigning subject headings and classification
- Demonstrated experience in project management and problem solving
- Evidence of the ability to work effectively both collaboratively and
- Knowledgeable in both the current and future trends and practices in
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and manage a variety of
responsibilities and projects
- Desired qualifications include
- experience with library applications and systems such as
SIRSI-Dynix, CONTENTdm/D-Space, 3-M security, and ILL;
- an undergraduate degree in an arts related field.
*Compensation and Benefits:*
A competitive salary and benefits package being offered, commensurate with
experience and qualifications.
*Required documents for application are: cover letter, resume and a current
listing of three professional references.* These documents should be
uploaded into your application, under the additional documents section.
You can complete the online application by clicking the "I'm interested"
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the
position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest
confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of
Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence.
Please go to job posting to apply:
Director of Libraries
Interlochen Center for the Arts
beth.gourley at interlochen.org <carol.niemi at interlochen.org>
*INTERLOCHEN* ARTS CAMP | ARTS ACADEMY | COLLEGE OF CREATIVE ARTS |
PRESENTS | PUBLIC RADIO
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l