[Michlib-l] Chocolate on book edges

Janelle Martin jmartin at lib.lapeer.org
Mon Jan 27 16:54:10 EST 2014

I have not tried this but I have heard that you can file the edges of a
book with sand paper (if its just on the very edge of the pages) to
"refresh" the look of the book. I would scrape off as much chocolate as
possible before you do this though. You might have to charge the patron for
it (depending on the amount of damage) If that doesn't work. Good Luck!
Janelle

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Jessica Holman <jdholman at uwmalumni.com>wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> Does anyone know how to get chocolate smooshed and smeared off the edges
> of the pages of a book?
>
> --
> Jessica Holman
> Library Director
> Forsyth Township Public Library
> 184 W Flint St
> Gwinn, MI 49841
> (906) 346-3433

Janelle C. Martin
Fiction Department Head
Lapeer District Library
Marguerite deAngeli Branch
810-664-6971 ext 3218
jmartin at lib.lapeer.org

"A house without books is like a room without windows."
-- Horace Mann <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/279932.Horace_Mann>