[Michlib-l] toner scam

Mindy Schafer mschafer at dewittlibrary.org
Fri Jan 3 11:31:38 EST 2014

We've had three calls this week.  I've alerted all of our staff members.
 The most recent was a request to verify our model/serial numbers, which
seems pretty harmless to the unsuspecting staff member answering the phone.
 Even after assuring the caller that we receive all of our supplies through
MOS, she insisted that MOS uses them as a third party supplier.  Not true!
 Beware!

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM, North Adams Library <
northadamslibrary at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hadn't heard anything about the toner scam in a long time. I
> (mistakenly) thought they had gone away. Just had a call that was obviously
> the scam. Better alert any staff who might answer the phone and not be
> aware of this scam.
>
> Phyllis
>

> ------
> Phyllis Rickard