[Michlib-l] We did it! We're a district!

Colleen Leddy ctbleddy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:11:12 EST 2014

The library will be known as Stair District Library. Thank you to Ben
Miller of Ypsilanti for noticing that I didn't mention that.

Also, I should have mentioned that attorney Dick (Richard) Butler of Bloom
Sluggett Morgan in Grand Rapids wrote our District Library Agreement. He
provided excellent counsel all along the way. We had an unusual situation
and he made it possible for us to present the Agreement to the State
Librarian a month and a half after our original District Library Planning
Committee (which had met for six months with city, library, and two
townships' representatives) realized that the only way we'd be able to form
a district was with our school district and city. Here's Dick's info:

     15 Ionia Ave. SW, Suite 640                         Direct Dial (616)
965-9343

     Grand Rapids, MI 49503                                Direct Fax (616)
965-9353

     (616) 965-9340
rbutler at bsmlawpc.com

Thanks,