[Michlib-l] Business Information Resources Session at the Rural Libraries Conference

Corey Seeman cseeman at umich.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:39:19 EDT 2014

Hi everyone -

There has been a lot of talk about getting to Mackinac Island - but I am
hoping this is one of many great reasons to go.

I am happy to share the slides for the session that I am doing with Laura
Leavitt from MSU titled "Business Information: Help and Resources are
Closer than they Appear."

Updated slides and handouts available here:
http://hdl.handle.net/2027.42/106567

Thursday, 1:30 - 3:00 pm*, Museum Meeting Room
Business Information: Help and Resources are Closer than they Appear

When libraries can answer questions from local businesses, they have a
tremendous opportunity to create partnerships with businesses in your
community and showcase the value of the library to your local economy. This
session will focus on the free services and electronic resources that are
available to all library users in Michigan. How can you best use the
resources to answer the questions your local businessmen and women may
have? Find out more about expertise and additional resources are available
through the business libraries at Michigan State University and the
University of Michigan for you to use with businesses in your own local
community. *Note the extended session time.

The entire program looks great and the trip will be the best way possible
to say goodbye to this record breaking winter of 2013-2014.

If you are not attending, but have questions about this program, please do
not hesitate to write.

Best wishes and Go Blue (a reference to the ice more than the Wolverines!)

Best - Corey

Corey Seeman

Director
Kresge Business Administration Library