[Michlib-l] Rural Libraries Conference

Nannette Miller erdl at elkrapidsnet.com
Mon Apr 28 12:44:49 EDT 2014

Hi,  We are curious if others are deciding not to attend the conference
because of the dicey conditions.  This is a video of the Sacre Bleu, the
only boat Shepler's has running, leaving St. Ignace yesterday.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154104350790217
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154104350790217&set=vb.199146720216&
type=2&theater> &set=vb.199146720216&type=2&theater

I called Shepler's this morning to ask how 150 people would fit on this
boat.  They hope to be able to put buses and vans on the deck and fill them
with people, but they aren't sure they will be able to because yesterday ice
was coming over the bow.  Getting there is only our first concern.  With a
shift in the wind it could jam up again and we could be stranded on the
island.  Ferry service is still subject to cancellation.

Are we the only chickens?

Nannette Miller

Elk Rapids District Library