[Michlib-l] Poetry Discussion for National Poetry Month on Tuesday, 4/29/14

Laurel Brandt lbrandt at milfordlibrary.info
Thu Apr 24 18:05:36 EDT 2014

Hi All,

To celebrate April being National Poetry Month, the Milford Public Library
is having a poetry discussion on Tuesday, April 29th. Will Horwath, Adjunct
Professor of English & Communication Arts at Madonna University, will be
leading a discussion of poems and poets from various times and places,
including Emily Dickinson, John Donne, Robert Frost, Walt Whitman, and
Shakespeare. This is a *free program* and participants can *get free
advance copies of the poems* we'll be discussing at the library's Reference
desk. Copies will also be available that evening. We are asking that
participants register so that we have an idea how many copies of the poems
to print and how many chairs to put out. Registration can be done online
through the library's Events Calendar (bit.ly/QCsj7h), in person at the
Reference desk, or by calling the Adult Services department at
248-684-0845, option 3.

If you have any patrons or staff who might be interested in talking about
poetry, please  let them know about it. A copy of the flyer for this
program is attached. For more information, please contact me.

Thanks!

Laurel
--
Laurel Brandt