[Michlib-l] 2014 Upper Peninsula History Conference in Manistique June 20-22

Larry J. Wagenaar wagenaar at hsmichigan.org
Tue Apr 22 14:25:47 EDT 2014

I'm also sharing this with my personal contacts.  Sorry if it is a duplicate
(HSM members received this yesterday).

April 21, 2014

Registration is now open for the 65th annual
Upper Peninsula History Conference!

June 20-22, 2014 . Manistique, Michigan

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/UP-History-Conference-
web.pdf> Click here to download the flyer for more information and session
descriptions.

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/conferences/upper-peninsula-history-conference/up
-conference-registration/> Go to online registration.

Held every summer since 1950, the annual Upper Peninsula History Conference
pays particular attention to Upper Peninsula history topics and themes.

The annual Upper Peninsula History Awards are also presented at this
conference.

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Nomination deadline is April 30, 2014, for the Upper Peninsula History
Awards.

Do you know an individual or historical organization that has done marvelous
things to preserve and promote the history of Michigan's Upper Peninsula?

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/awards/upper-peninsula-history-awards/>
To learn more about these awards or to download the nomination form, please
visit our Upper Peninsula History Awards page.

Maybe it's someone who has volunteered his or her time for years at the
local historical society or archives. Or maybe you know about an
organization that has successfully preserved a historic home, industrial
complex, streetscape, or archeological site. Or perhaps you are aware of a
person or organization that has interviewed and recorded the memories of
older citizens before their passing or tirelessly researched and documented
the history of your community.

Then it's the perfect time to nominate him or her for a Charles Follo Award
or the organization for a Superior Award.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.