[Michlib-l] Planning for Self-Check

Laurie St. Laurent lstlaurent at stchlibrary.org
Wed Apr 2 14:48:01 EDT 2014

Hello Michigan Colleagues,

I have been tasked with exploring best practices in Library Self-Check.
 Here in Missouri, the St Charles City-County Library District has a
home-grown ILS.  We are planning to develop and launch Self-Check across
our 12 Branches in the next 12 months.  Please consider contacting me
directly at the email provided below with answers to these few questions.
 Many thanks to all of you for continued consultancy.

   - How long did your planning process for Self-Check take?
   - Where are your Self-Check machines located?
   - Do you have receipt printers at the Self-Check locations?
   - What does your Self-Check screen(s) look like?
   - If you could change anything about your existing Self-Check, what
   would you change?
   - What percentage of your circulation is managed through Self-Check?
   - How did you teach your customers/patrons to use Self-Check?
   - How have you used the staff time freed up by implementation of
   Self-Check?

Thanks again for your input.

Laurie St. Laurent, Branch Manager
Spencer Road Library
St. Charles City-County Library District
427 Spencer Road
St Peters, MO  63376

lstlaurent at stchlibrary.org

Ph 636.244.4954

--
Laurie St. Laurent, Branch Manager
Spencer Road Library
St. Charles City-County Library District
427 Spencer Road
St. Peters, MO  63376
Ph. 636.447.2320 ext. 1451
Fax 636.447.7064
lstlaurent at stchlibrary.org

http://www.youranswerplace.org

Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed herein are personal
and not those of the St. Charles City-County Library District.