[Michlib-l] Oakland literacy benefit dinner Oct 23

Joe Roth js07m3748 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 17:10:13 EDT 2013

OAKLAND LITERACY COUNCIL ANNUAL BENEFIT DINNER
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, MICH, October 1, 2013. The Oakland
Literacy Council—a  nonprofit group
providing free literacy training to adult residents of Oakland County—will hold
its 24th annual “Ex Libris” fundraising banquet on Wednesday, October 23 at the
Village Club in Bloomfield Hills, beginning at 6:30.
According to Council President Judy Lindstrom, “Ex Libris is
the primary fundraising event for the Council and is essential to our
educational program. We are the only nonprofit 501c3 organization providing
free one-on-one literacy training in Oakland County.   Hundreds of our volunteer trained tutors
help students to lead more fulfilling and productive lives. Since 1984, we’ve
assisted some 12,000 students, including those learning English as a second
language as well as English speakers working to improve their reading and
writing skills.”
This year’s featured speaker will be Tim Skubick, who is
well-known for his public television program, “Off the Record,” aired locally
on Detroit and Flint/CMU public TV. Tim is a long-standing member of the
Michigan’s Capitol Press Corps and covers the capitol for WWJ News Radio 950,
WJBK-TV-2, and sixty Michigan Radio Network Stations.  In addition, Tim has written two books, been
awarded four Emmys, and is a member of the Michigan Journalism and Broadcast Hall
of Fame.
Everyone interested in literacy is invited to “Ex Libris.”
Benefactor tickets are available for $175 and patron tickets for $125.  Sponsorships begin at $500 and include
special recognition and other sponsor benefits.  Call 248-253-1617 or email info at oaklandliteracy.net for more information on dinner tickets or sponsorships.
###