[Michlib-l] Preparing Library Staff for ACA - new resources

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Tue Sep 24 15:19:06 EDT 2013

If you are looking for information for you or other library staff to get up to speed on healthcare reform and the Affordable Care Act, please take a look at the NEW attached document.  I'll post this to our ACA page on the Library of Michigan website in the next couple of days but in the meantime, feel free to take a look at the useful links to training, ideas on how to prepare for questions, and quick links to answers.

(Thanks for Lissa Staley from the Topeka Shawnee County Public Library for the original document and the Michigan Library Cooperative Directors for passing this along.)

Training opportunities can be found below:

Upcoming Webinar -

September 25, 2013 from 1:00-2:00pm
Health Insurance Marketplace 101 - For people who want to better understand the basics of the Health Insurance Marketplace. Includes an overview of the accomplishments of the Affordable Care Act, and a basic introduction to the Marketplace (Exchanges) highlighting who is eligible and how the Marketplace will work.
Register at: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1020212

Archived Webinars -

WebJunction - http://www.webjunction.org/explore-topics/ehealth/webinars.html

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsqu_Ce8qec

Don't forget you can always find additional resources on the Library of Michigan's Affordable Care Act page here: http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_58063_66330---,00.html
Pathway: Library of Michigan-For Libraries-Library Initiatives - Affordable Care Act

Let us know if you have any questions.

Shannon
Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan