[Michlib-l] Fwd: Lexile Levels Added to Kids InfoBits!

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Mon Sep 23 10:58:57 EDT 2013

Sharing some good news on Kids InfoBits in MeL!

Cheers,
Deb

Deb Biggs Thomas
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan
---------------------------
517-373-4466
biggsthomasd at michigan.gov<mailto:biggsthomasd at michigan.gov>
http://mel.org    http://facebook.com/mel.org

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Roth, Jenna" <jenna.roth at cengage.com<mailto:jenna.roth at cengage.com>>
Date: September 23, 2013, 9:32:21 AM EDT
Cc: "Liepshutz, Jacqui" <Jacqueline.Liepshutz at cengage.com<mailto:Jacqueline.Liepshutz at cengage.com>>
Subject: Lexile Levels Added to Kids InfoBits!

Good Morning!

Jacqui and I wanted to reach out to share exciting news for Kids InfoBits – our resource supporting beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. Lexile reading levels have been added to the product! Now when reviewing results, teachers and librarians will be able to identify Lexile levels for magazines and newspaper results as shown below:

[cid:3E81BCA1E50E4E4B842828E873462940 at corproot.local]
In addition, users can also search for content with a particular Lexile reading level range, or lexile score using Advanced Search:
[cid:18E4126D6A889E4998705BB1016B3B4A at corproot.local]

On top of this new Lexile functionality, I also wanted to share some information about content updates for Kids InfoBits.  This past year, we’ve loaded 1,040 new entries, 171 updated entries, and 1,138 images. Included in the image count is the 135 new maps, charts, and graphs that we loaded for Kids InfoBits Presents: Geography and Kids InfoBits Presents: Business and Economics.  A complete list of content additions that occurred last FY are as follows:

Kids InfoBits Presents: Business and Economics (142 entries, 112 images)
Kids InfoBits Presents: Geography (298 entries, 344 images)
KidHaven Science Library: The Earth (4 entries, 20 images)
KidHaven Science Library: The Moon (4 entries, 20 images)
KidHaven Science Library: The Sun (4 entries, 19 images)
Kids InfoBits Presents: Music and Musicians (308 entries, 306 images)
Biographies (updates to existing entries—171 entries)
Bugs: Black Widow (4 entries, 10 images)
Bugs: Cricket (4 entries, 10 images)
Bugs: Daddy Longlegs (4 entries, 10 images)
Bugs: Mosquito (4 entries, 10 images)
Bugs: Tarantula (4 entries, 12 images)
Our Environment: Acid Rain (4 entries, 13 images)
Our Environment: Ecotourism (4 entries, 15 images)
Our Environment: Global Warming (4 entries, 13 images)
Our Environment: Oil Spills (4 entries, 14 images)
Our Environment: Toxic Waste (4 entries, 13 images)
Kids InfoBits Presents: Authors (240 images, 197 entries)

Any questions or concerns please let us know!
Warm Regards,
Jenna

Jenna Roth
Consortia & Major Account Service Manager
Gale Cengage Learning
27500 Drake Road Farmington Hills, MI 48331
(o) 800-877-4253 x 8808 (f) 800- 990-4253