[Michlib-l] Celebrating Michigan Libraries in the 21st Century on The Bright Side

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Tue Sep 17 18:06:21 EDT 2013

The Library of Michigan is pleased to announce a new video series highlighting Michigan libraries-public, school and academic-and how they are making a big difference in their communities and to those they serve in the 21st century.  You can watch the whole series or any individual segment at, http://brightside.cedam.info/, Bright Side Episode 13.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Olivia Courant, the genius behind The Bright Side videos at the Community Economic Development Association of Michigan, for all her hard work and creative presentation.  Olivia logged many miles around the state visiting libraries and interviewing library staff and those with whom they work.  Big thanks! and Kudos! to the "stars" of the videos, who you will see as you watch them as well as our host, Trent Smiley, Community Relations Officer, Genessee District Library.

While we couldn't capture all the wonderful things Michigan libraries do and are to their communities and patrons, we are confident that this video series provides a good snapshot of who and what we are in this century, so, please feel free to share widely.  We will be posting the link to The Bright Side, "21st Century Libraries" on both the Library of Michigan and the Michigan eLibrary's Facebook pages and on the Library of Michigan's Web site, http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan.

Kind regards,
Deb

Deb Biggs Thomas
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan/MDE
517-373-4466
http://facebook.com/mel.org
All Aboard!!
Get on board with the Michigan Rails Conference, September 21, brought to you by the Library of Michigan.  Learn from a host of speakers representing state government, independent researchers, and non profit organizations.   Go back in time to explore  Michigan's rail history, or look ahead to where high speed rail might take you.    For the conference agenda and the online registration form, please see our Web sites:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/lm_2013_MichiganRailsConferenceAgenda_429456_7.pdf
To register:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HCXFFNQ