[Michlib-l] Hello? Do You Know We're Here? TLN Adult Services Fall Wokshop

Linda Pride lpride at redfordlibrary.org
Mon Sep 16 08:25:52 EDT 2013

This message is being sent to multiple lists; please excuse duplication.

Are you looking for effective ways to promote your library, its programs
and services? Then come to the TLN Adult Services Fall Workshop on
Wednesday, October 2, from 9am-1pm at the Novi Public Library. The theme
for the workshop is "Hello? Do You Know We're Here? Making Your Library's
Presence Felt in Your Community."

We know that our libraries have so much to offer, but how do we get the
word out? This workshop will give strategies for promotion and
partnerships that will help community members to view the library as
relevant and valuable.

The workshop speakers are:

- Laurie Golden (Canton Public Library) will share tips for developing
strong partnerships in the community. Canton Public Library received the
2013 LibraryAware Community Award for its work in connecting with the
community. Discover ways to create a library that is truly valued by the
community.

- Bill Harmer and Anna Cangialosi (Chelsea District Library) will discuss
ways to engage the community to build relationships. The library's highly
visible "Geek the Library" campaign was the talk of the town, in a good
way! Learn how community engagement can reap benefits for the library.

- Kelly Rembert Ireland (Southfield Public Library) will provide tips and
tricks to market the library and its programs to your community on a low
to zero budget. Find out which types of marketing will work best for you
and your library.

The workshop registration fee is $15 for TLN library members, $20 for
non-TLN library members and $10 for library science students. A program
flyer and registration form are attached. These can also be accessed at
http://www.tln.lib.mi.us/committee/adult-services

Questions? Contact Rob Butler, Caroline Kennedy Library, 313-791-3806.

Linda Pride
Adult Services Librarian
Redford Township District Library
313-531-5960