[Michlib-l] Microfilm Digitization.

David Conklin dconklin at thegdl.org
Thu Oct 24 13:17:07 EDT 2013

I'm looking for advice on a potential microfilm digitization project.

We have approximately 30 roles of a local paper that was sold to a larger conglomerate.  The roles date from the 40s going through the late 80s with several gaps.  I'm looking for the following:

1.            Is there a question of legal ability since the paper was bought?
2.            What are some suggested companies that folks have worked successfully with on projects like this?
3.            Creating and maintaining the stuff online is another caveat to explore.  Is anyone familiar with or had experience with this type of project and the costs associated with it?

Please respond off list.

Thanks,
:o)
Dave