[Michlib-l] Used Book Valuation

Linda K. Neely lkneely10 at frontier.com
Mon Oct 21 20:21:32 EDT 2013

I am calling upon group expertise.   Our nascent Bath Township Library Center (now officially open!) has received many donated books.   We are wondering what you do to value donations if the donor wants a receipt for tax purposes.   I found these values at http://www.mmartone.com/?page_id=30Book, children’s paperback — $0.50 to $1.00
Book, adult paperback — $1.00 to $3.00

These seem a little low to me, especially for some of the mint condition things we have received.  Is there a reliable source for used book valuations?
Linda Neely

Bath MI