[Michlib-l] Program at the Warren Civic Center - In Praise of the Needlewoman

fabak at libcoop.net fabak at libcoop.net
Mon Oct 21 11:54:03 EDT 2013

Hello,

Gail Carolyn Sirna is an award-winning embroiderer and regular columnist
for Needlepoint Now.  She has been teaching needlepoint for over 25
years.  She is also the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from
America’s National Academy of Needle Arts in 2004.

Ms. Sirna will be with us on Thursday, November 14 at 6:00 to present
“In Praise of the Needlewoman,” which consists of a slide presentation
of paintings of women (and a few men) who are sewing, knitting, making
lace or embroidering as well as a small exhibit of images of stitchers.

I am attaching our flyer for the event in case you would like to print
some for your patrons--everyone is welcome!

If you have any other questions or need additional information, please
let me know.

Kathy Faba
Branch Librarian
Warren Public Library - Civic Center Branch