[Michlib-l] Digital Literacy & Library Technology Session Proposals Encouraged for the Rural Libraries Conference

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Thu Oct 3 15:21:58 EDT 2013

The call for proposals for the 2014 Rural Libraries Conference is now open.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RLC2014

The Steering Committee is especially interested in receiving submissions from libraries that would like to share their experiences with digital literacy and library technology. These could include the following types of sessions:

*         Sharing computer training program ideas and best practices

*         Creating collaborations with other organizations to bring digital literacy or other technology services to your community

*         Innovative use of technology to provide library programming or services

*         Creative uses of online sources such as DigitalLiteracy.gov or DigitalLearn.org or other digital literacy resources

The ideas listed above are only there to help generate ideas for program submissions.  Please consider more topics or ideas than I have listed here.  If you have questions, feel free to contact me.

Of course we have more than digital literacy in mind when we look to fill the 2014 RLC program so if you are interested in another area, please take a look at the submission form for more information.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RLC2014

Proposals are due Monday, October 21, 2013 in order to be considered for inclusion in the 2014 conference.  The contact person for the proposal will be notified of the status of the submission by the end of December 2013.

The Library of Michigan will provide all presenters with: Full conference registration and one night's lodging at the Grand Hotel or other hotel accommodation up to the state rate of $75 per night.

If you have questions about the submission process or Rural Libraries Conference, please contact me at whites29 at michigan.gov or 517-373-9489.

Shannon
Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan