[Michlib-l] Fwd: Self Defense Program

Mary Ann DeKane maryann at ropl.org
Tue Nov 12 14:54:59 EST 2013

Please excuse this if you've already received it. I previously sent the
email with a pdf flyer and it was rejected.  I'd like to resend for those
of you looking for great programming ideas.

Here is my original email:

Hello Everyone,

We had a wonderful Self-Defense workshop with Lee Shaykhet, creator of
specialized methods of self defense on 9/30/13. He is a wonderful speaker,
very bright and knowledgeable is also very funny and engaged the entire
audience.  I still have people coming back to thank me for hosting the
program.  He sold all of his books at the program.  He's very easy to work
with, his rates are negotiable; he would love to provide his workshop in
different libraries.

He recently gave an inservice and trained the staff at Lyon Township.  I
spoke to Michelle Fields and said he was delightful, they loved him. We are
going to have him back in the winter/spring for a few more programs.

 If you have a question about his rates, you can contact me off the list,
or contact him at
Lee Shaykhet
Shaykhet Training
shaykhettraining.com
lee at shaykhettraining.com
248.761.5632

Here's some of the information from the flyer from our program...

It’s a well known fact that a crime could happen to anyone at anytime. If
it happened to you what would you do? Can you defend yourself? Now is
asgood a time as any to learn! Join us on Monday, September 30 at 7:00 pm
in the Friend’s Auditorium for a workshop with Lee Shaykhet, creator of
specialized methods of self-defense. Mr. Shaykhet will teach you how to
defend yourself, as well as get in shape in as little as ten minutes a day.

Mr. Shaykhet was born in Moscow, and early in his career trained members of
the former Soviet Army.  He has provided self defense and fitness
instruction to law enforcement agencies, military organizations, and
security and consulting companies all over the United States and Canada. He
has also trained body guards for special events.

Traditional self defense systems are normally complicated and require lots
of practice, thus too hard for everyday citizens to follow and maintain. Mr.
Shaykhet’s program is uncomplicated, based on natural instinct, and does
not require a lot of practice.  His fitness training originated from
training the military; no equipment is required and it can be done
anywhere, regardless of your current physical condition.

 Mr. Shaykhet was contacted as a self defense and security expert for an
exclusive interview with Fox 2 Detroit, where he discussed the Boston
Marathon Bombings and Profiling in America.

Lee will also be promoting his recently published book, *Simple
Self-Defense Techniques Everyone Should Know.*

Mary Ann DeKane
Head of Public Services
Royal Oak Public Library