[Michlib-l] OCLC ILL Article Exchange and copyright

Ann Bissell bissella at baycollege.edu
Thu Nov 7 15:16:56 EST 2013

From: Ann Bissell
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:15 PM
Subject: OCLC ILL Article Exchange and copyright

We have just migrated to the new ILL system and I recently just took over doing ILL at my institution.  So I am asking for help from
the 'Collective Wisdom'.

We get a lot of ILL request for articles from our databases- some MEL supplied and some not.  I thought we could ILL
anything from MEL databases to Michigan residents/libraries and be ok with copyright restrictions.   Is this correct?

Secondly-Since Article Exchange is a more secure way of providing documents, is it allowed to ILL documents to non-Michigan libraries.

I did look at  ERMI License Elements - MeL Database Licenses.  Just making sure I am on the right track.

Thanks!

Ann Bissell
Reference Librarian/Learning Resources Center
Bay de Noc Community College
2001 North Lincoln Road
Escanaba, MI 49829
800-221-2001- toll free