[Michlib-l] Obamacare and Small Libraries

Donna Alward dalward at hlpl.lib.mi.us
Tue Jul 30 22:17:33 EDT 2013

Brings to mind when what became PA152 was progressing through the Michigan legislature...

I was given various opinions as to whether libraries were included or intended to be included in what was to become a limit on expenditures for medical health care benefits. Seeking a definitive answer was time consuming and frustrating.

Wonder if the Michigan Library Association (even though Obamacare is a federal law) might, in its role as an an advocate for its members, inquire and work with the American Library Association to get some concrete answers. If like PA152, details and procedures are not exactly clear, action by both the state and national organizations may bring results in a more timely way, which would allow individual libraries time to plan.

Donna J. Alward, Library Director
Houghton Lake Public Library
4431 W. Houghton Lake Dr.
Houghton Lake, MI 48629