[Michlib-l] ExpressSOS opportunity for Michigan libraries

Robertson, Nancy (MDE) RobertsonN at michigan.gov
Tue Jul 9 13:28:21 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,
As with all public library service in Michigan, services provided are determined at the local level. As such, opportunities to highlight the essential nature of our public libraries and to serve our patrons in more expansive ways are just that - opportunities. It is up to each library to make the determination about participating in the ExpressSOS partnership (and/or in the Affordable Health Care Act insurance enrollment initiative). You know best about your capacity and resources, but I encourage you to participate in them if at all possible, as the light that shines positively on libraries will help "raise all the boats in the harbor" so to speak. In any case, whether we do or do not all take them up on it, we want to thank the Secretary of State's Office for engaging in this potential partnership with Michigan libraries.
Nancy

Nancy R. Robertson
State Librarian
Library of Michigan